Snowmobile Freight Sled
Do you need a snowmobile sled for hauling ice fishing equipment, cabin gear, children, or oil drums and raw materials? Or perhaps you would prefer to pull your grandkids, ice fishing gear, or groceries by hand? Well, we have a sled for you within our freight sled product line, and if we don't we will customize a wooden sled to your specifications! Our freight sleds continue to share the rich tradition of all Northern Toboggan and Sled products; that is, their design is a result of generations of wooden sleds evolving for practical and durable utility. Though the history of our runner enhanced wooden sleds is hard to place on an exact timeline, we know that two things had a significant impact on their creation and evolution: fresh water fish and gold! With the 19th century came the freshwater commercial fishing industry and the Klondike Gold Rush, both requiring wooden sleds that could haul and twist and withstand tremendous loads. And from these predecessors we bring our freighting wooden sled line!
- Traditional Sled - width 25 or 30 inches, with a 19-1/2 inch wide plywood deck
- 8 foot runner with 75 inch long deck (approximately 65 lbs.)
- 10 foot runner, with 96 inch long deck (approximately 80 lbs.)
- Standard runners 4 inches wide
- Milled steel bridges and brackets
- Linseed oil finish on wood, black enamel on steel
- Steel hitch and HMW poly sliders included
- Red Oak and milled steel construction add beauty and remarkable durability
- Readily accepts cargo boxes
- Flexible to allow easy pulling and smooth ride
- Excellent handling, even with heavy loads
Common uses for your Freight Sled:
- Incredibly smooth riding snowmobile sled for pulling kids, family, and friends.
- Snowmobile sled for hauling your ice fishing gear.
- Construction material freighting sled.
- Transporting equipment for wilderness exploration or geologist exploration.
- Hand camp sled: firewood, groceries and cargo transport, children, etc.